Do you or anyone you know have any of the following challenges?
Signs that you or your child might need help from an Orofacial Myologist:
– Breathing through your mouth (mouth breather)
– Sucking your thumb or fingers
– Your tongue thrusts forward (tongue thrust)
– You lisp
– You have an open lip resting posture
– You have speech difficulties
– Your child has had prolonged soother use
– Your tongue rests on the bottom of your mouth or forward between your front teeth
– You have swallowing difficulties (for example: can not swallow pills or gagging)
– You are were tongue-tied
– You have imprecise articulation of speech sounds
The overall goals of Orofacial Myofunctional therapy are to assist in the creation, the restoration and the habituation of a normal and harmonious orofacial Myo functional (Myo means muscle) environment.
Is treatment necessary?
Let’s put the pieces together!
Let’s meet and discuss course of treatment that makes sense for you.
Call (587) 585-6374 or email me.
Certified Orofacial Myologist