When most of us think of healthcare, we tend to think about the care of our brain, lungs, digestion, and cardiovascular system. But our oral health is just as important a piece of our healthcare. So when it’s time to find a new dentist here in Airdrie, it’s important to choose carefully.
Here’s our guide to finding the best dentist – one who will fit all of your oral healthcare needs!
Choosing a New Dentist:
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Right Choice
There are a lot of reasons why you might need a new dentist. Maybe you’ve moved to a new area, or your lifelong dentist is retiring.
Whatever the case, you have an important decision to make.
Here are some tips to help you find a new dentist in Airdrie who will cover your needs the best.
Location, Location, Location
Probably one of the most important factors to consider is location. You want to choose a dentist who is near to your home or office. Why is this so important?
The first reason is convenience. There’s nothing worse than having to take time out of your day simply because you have to drive a far distance to an appointment.
Another reason is that it’s might be too easy to back out of appointments – or avoid scheduling them altogether – if the office is far away.
Keep it easy for yourself to make your dental health a priority. Don’t let something like distance get in the way of that. Do your best to find a great dentist nearby.
Are They Really the Best Dentist in Airdrie?
Before making a decision, contact the office and ask if they offer free consultations. If so, schedule one so that you can tour the office and meet the dentist and their staff. While there, ask the some questions like:
- What are their professional qualifications? Where did they go to school? What kind of credentials do they have?
- Do they invest in continuing education so as to stay up to date on the latest procedures, products, and tools?
- What’s their approach to dental care? Do they focus mainly on restorative procedures, or do they focus heavily on prevention as well?
- Do you feel comfortable with them? Are they easy to talk to? Do they listen attentively to your concerns or downplay them? Do you feel at ease when chatting with the dentist?
- Can this dentist take care of your specific dental needs, especially if you have any special considerations?
Don’t Forget the Dental Team and Practice Office
The dental team is a big part of your dental experience. Consider these questions once you meet the team:
- How does the receptionist treat you over the phone?
- Does the team seem helpful, compassionate? Are they open to answering your questions?
- What services do they offer?
- How does the office/clinic look? Is it clean and organized? Check out the waiting room, as well as the individual operatories, to get an idea of how clean and how well the office runs.
- Is the office open convenient hours for appointments – for you?
- Will they work with your insurance company? Can they answer your financial questions?
- How much financial information will you receive prior to treatment?
- Do they offer payment options if you’re a cash-only patient? Is there a financing option?
- Do they offer emergency visits?
- What is their office policy regarding missed appointments or cancelling on short notice?
One of the Most Important Things to Consider: Their Reputation
If you really want to find the best dentist in Airdrie, ask around.
Get recommendations from your current dentist, your friends/family members, or your physician.
These sources can provide valuable insight into whether a dentist is exceptional or mediocre.
Put Your Oral Healthcare in the Hands of the Best Dentist in Airdrie
You deserve the very best. Therefore, make it your determination to put your healthcare in the hands of someone who truly deserves your business.
A high-quality dentist will be up-to-date on the latest dental tools, techniques, and technology. They’ll be professional yet kind and compassionate, addressing your questions, concerns, and even your fears.
Your teeth and gums are just as important as every other system and organ in your body. Make sure you put your oral healthcare into the hands of someone who will provide you with the exceptional care you need and deserve.
If you are looking for a new dentist here in Airdrie AB, come in and meet the dentist and team here at You First Dental – where everyone that walks through our doors is equally important to us!
Schedule a free visit today – make an appointment.